Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker Review
Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker
If you are an inexperienced cook and want to try smoking foods at home, Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker might be the best option for you. It has a very simple design and it does what it is supposed to do. This electric smoker is very easy to operate and you would not face any problems even though you are trying smoking for the first time in your life.
For amateur users, this smoker is a great choice. But even if you are familiar with smoking this instrument can be helpful to you because it offers a very simple operating process which will relieve you from maintaining every single detail yourself. Another application of this electric smoker may be in buildings which do not allow smoking or barbecuing with open fire. If you have one of these amazing electric smokers, you will be able to enjoy delicious smoked, grilled or roasted foods sitting at your home.
The smoker consists of a large smoking chamber along with three adjustable cast iron cooking grates which give a total space of 504 sq. inch. The Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker has an insulated and double walled structure which makes maintaining stable temperature easy. The other features of this smoker include front mounted temperature gauge, porcelain wood and water pan, grease cup and porcelain ash pan.
The Char-Broil Electric smoker offers convenient temperature adjustment system. It has a 1500 watt variable temperature heating element. So, you would be able to enjoy almost all of your favorite smoked dishes staying at your home. If you check customer reviews on internet you would see that users are very satisfied with its performance. It delivers scrumptious foods with great taste and smell. If you are interested to try smoking at home, this tool will be your perfect companion. You can just read instructions from a booklet and do what it says. Experiment by changing little things one at a time and find out which produces the best result. You will soon find the joy of cooking. Overall, this is a great product for the price.
Electric smokers do not need to be expensive. With the Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker, the home bbq enthusiast can discover the efficiency of electric smokers, at only a fraction of the cost.
Product Review: Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker
Price Range: Affordable Prices
- Built in Temperature Gauge
- 504 Square Inches of Cooking Space
- Porcelain Wood Chip Pan and Water Basin
- Quality Insulation Keeps Temperature Constant
- Smoke meats with the Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker at one low price. One of the biggest questions before buying a smoker is, “Is this worth it?”. When you already own a charcoal grill and a gas grill, there always is a debate as to whether or not a new device should be added to the patio. Smokers often cost upwards of hundreds of dollars for decent models. Of course you could buy a charcoal smoker from Walmart for some dozen dollars, but these are little more than metallic trashcans with racks inside of them to hold the meat. Char-Broil offers an affordable electric smoker that gets the job done easily and efficiently.
- Electric smokers make it easy for anyone to get into the world of smoking. With the Char-Broil smoker, all you have to do is select the temperature setting you want the heating element to reach, and viola, the cooking process has begun. No sort of complex science or constant fiddling about with charcoal or the temperature gauge are required, just set it and forget it.
- Cook whole turkeys and multiple racks of ribs in the 504 Square Inches of cooking space. Want to cook a 20+ lb turkey for Thanksgiving? No problem, the Char-Broil Electric Smoker will deliver the best tasting bird you have ever had. Out will come a golden, crispy, rich brown turkey with that delicious smokey flavor, all while staying perfectly moist on the inside. Ribs, brisket, burgers, sausages will all come out better tasting than just grilling these food.
- Use your favorite wood chips and water/juice in the Char-Broil Smoker to ensure the best flavor emerges. Whether it be mesquite or hickory, the Char-Broil will hold any wood chip type in its own wood chip compartment. The electric heating element will successfully burn the wood chips to release their own unique smokey flavor which will then fill the smoker. I also like to always keep water in the liquids basin to ensure the meats will stay moist throughout the smoking process.
- The vertical design of the Char-Broil makes managing the smoked meats easy. Simply open up the door and check on the status of any piece of meat in the smoker whenever you need to. Each rack can be seen from the opening of the door. No sort of manipulations required, just pull whichever rack forward and remove the meats when they finish cooking. This also makes for easy loading and cleaning of the smoker.
- Worried about space? Don’t be. The Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker takes up only a small portion of patio space. Be sure to keep this smoker near an electric outlet though since the included electric cord does not run very long. If you want to keep it further away from an electrical outlet, an extension cord setup works just fine.
- The quality of the door on the Char-Broil Electric Smoker is of low quality. While the insulation of the smoker keeps the temperature and smoke constant, the door is one weak spot in the design. Two choices exist. Either mod the smoker relatively simply with parts from Home Depot that cost less than some bucks. Or choose another smoker that costs much more money. To mod the smoker, you need to replace the magnetic door latches with a window lock. All that is required is some simple screwing in and out of screws, and a slight bit of ingenuity.
- Even with this being an electric smoker, the Char-Broil can still be difficult to fine tune the temperature. All electric smokers have limits on how high the temperature can get. With the Char-Broil Electric Smoker, the max temperature will be somewhere in the range of 250°F-300°F. This will be no problem for smoking meats, but it can take awhile to reach such high temperatures. In order to achieve max efficiency, I would advise pre-heating the smoker before inserting the meats.
Char-Broil Electric Smoker vs Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Ease of Use:
- Both smokers work well and make it easy for any beginner to use. The vertical design on both smokers makes it especially nifty when it comes to loading and unloading the meats from the smokers. Overall though, the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is easier to use due to the digital temperature gauge, and because the wood chip tray can be accessed far more quickly.
- Overall, the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker has the better design. While I like the compact shape of the Char-Broil Electric Smoker, too many problems exist for the Char-Broil in comparison to the Masterbuilt. No sort of issues in design exist with the Masterbuilt, it has been made with quality and sturdiness. Along with this, the Masterbuilt can hold more food at one time compared to the Char-Broil.
Quality of Smoked Meats:
- In a comparison, I find both of the meats produced to be nearly equal. Both smokers produce flavorful, moist meats that taste great. Perhaps the biggest difference will be that the Masterbuilt can smoke nearly 33% more meats at one time versus the Char-Broil. Plus, fine tuning the Masterbuilt to the most ideal setting is far simpler.
- Based purely on quality, I find the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker to be the better smoker of the two. However, the Masterbuilt costs nearly a hundred of dollars more than the Char-Broil. That means that a cost-benefit analysis needs to be ran to determine whether or not the extra cost of the Masterbuilt justify the better overall smoking experience. Personally, I think the Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker is a fine choice to make, especially if you are willing to complete an easy rigging process to correct the fault of the insulation of the door.
Value for Money?
- The Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker will make for a great choice for anyone seeking a sub-a hundred of dollars smoker. Finding an electric smoker at such an affordable price point can be nearly impossible, that is what makes the Char-Broil Electric Smoker truly a great find. While it may not offer as many useful features as the hundreds of dollars and above smokers, the Char-Broil does an effective job at smoking all meats. For anyone wanting a smoker that can handle a 25 lb. turkey or 5 racks of ribs, the Char-Broil stands as a leading candidate for its low price. Overall, I give the Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker a total of 3/5 stars.